Hewitt empowers girls to discover their full intellectual and creative abilities, to pursue their passions and personal best, and to lead lives of consequence with character, compassion, and conviction.
- The Hewitt School recognizes and affirms the advantages of single sex education in the intellectual, social, and physical development of girls and young women.
- We offer a rigorous curriculum, and we honor academic excellence and effort.
- We value traditional educational goals, met through creative teaching and attention to each individual student.
- We believe that a girl’s confidence in her abilities is critical to her development.
- We teach each girl to formulate and express opinions and ideas with clarity and confidence.
- We make innovative use of technology to support our program and enhance independent learning in and beyond the classroom.
- We provide a strong athletic and physical education program, as well as rich and varied offerings in drama, music and visual art.
- We are committed to creating an inclusive and caring community which fosters cooperation and respect for differences.
- We believe that girls learn about themselves and the world through involvement in the community and therefore we are deeply committed to service to others.
- We work in partnership with our parents in an atmosphere of mutual respect, trust, and open communication.