Signature Programming for Hewitt Families
From parent-daughter workshops, to evening lectures, to morning coffee talks, Hewitt parents and guardians have opportunities throughout the year to learn with and from Hewitt faculty and administrators—as well as a vast network of thought leaders, authors, and education experts. With numerous opportunities to learn about the various developmental stages of girls and young women, Hewitt families engage meaningfully in the Hewitt teaching and learning community.
- Access to experts including Dr. Lisa Damour, Rachel Simmons, and Dr. Charlotte Jacobs.
- Book clubs afford families, faculty, and staff the opportunity to discuss texts, ideas, and themes in a congenial manner.
- Parent-daughter workshops focus on the challenges and opportunities of the tween years from the perspective of both parent and child.
- Workshops and lectures highlight the benefits of slowing down in a fast-paced city and world.
- The Child Mind Institute Presents a Parent Toolkit for 2020
- Managing Anxiety, Stress, and Parenting During the Pandemic
- Hard Conversations: Talking With Girls About Risk Taking
- Girls, Stress, and Anxiety: What We Know, What We Can Do
- How to Help Girls Resist Pressure to Be Perfect
- Coaching Wise Users of Social Media
- How to Cultivate Purpose in Your Daughter
- Parent-Daughter Workshop: Healthy Friendships and Confident Communication