Signature Programming for Hewitt Families
From morning coffee talks to evening lectures, Hewitt parents and guardians have opportunities throughout the year to learn with and from Hewitt faculty and administrators—as well as a vast network of thought leaders, authors, and education experts. With numerous opportunities to learn about the various developmental stages of girls and young women, Hewitt families engage meaningfully in the Hewitt teaching and learning community.
- Families have access to experts including Hewitt Visiting Research Scholars Dr. Lisa Damour and Dr. Charlotte Jacobs.
- Book clubs and talks afford families, faculty, and staff the opportunity to discuss texts, ideas, and themes in a congenial manner.
- Workshops and lectures focus on raising healthy girls and highlight cultivating purpose; diversity, equity, and inclusivity; digital citizenship; healthy peer relationships, and managing stress and anxiety.
- Managing Anxiety, Stress, and Parenting During the Pandemic
- Hard Conversations: Talking With Girls About Risk Taking
- Girls, Stress, and Anxiety: What We Know, What We Can Do
- How to Help Girls Resist Pressure to Be Perfect
- Coaching Wise Users of Social Media
- How to Cultivate Purpose in Your Daughter
- Effective Parenting Approaches for Adolescents
- Forging an Equitable Future: How Hewitt Approaches Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity Work with Hewitt Visiting Research Scholar Dr. Charlotte Jacobs
- A Back to School Q&A with Hewitt Visiting Research Scholar Dr. Lisa Damour
- Supporting Healthy Peer Relationships (During a Pandemic!) with Hewitt Visiting Research Scholar Dr. Lisa Damour
- Book Talk with Author Jordan Shapiro: The New Childhood—Raising Kids to Thrive in a Connected World
- Book Talk with Author Ron Lieber: The Opposite of Spoiled and The Price You Pay for College