Commitment to Research
The Center for Gender and Ethical Leadership in Society
The Center for Gender and Ethical Leadership in Society is a testament to Hewitt’s differentiated commitment to designing a K-12 academic program that improves girls’ lives and outcomes both in school and in the workplace. Through the work of our distinguished research partners and current research projects, the Center inspires girls and young women to forge a more gender equitable workforce and society, both for themselves and for the many generations of girls and young women to follow.
Through our differentiated commitment to putting research into practice, Hewitt girls and young women learn to build their leadership capacity and a sense of purpose in a way that is truly unmatched.
In addition to our ongoing work with Visiting Research Scholars such as Dr. Lisa Damour, Hewitt partners with a variety of thought leaders working in the space of gender and education.
As youth action researchers, students tackle real-world challenges that are personally meaningful to them, and play a critical role in creating impactful and sustainable change in their school communities for the benefit of both current and future students.
- Hewitt Action Research Collaborative (HARC)
- The Art of Teaching at Hewitt: Creating a Community of Practice
- Strengthening Healthy Resistance and Courage in Girls: Part II
- Leading with Love: Creating a Community of Belonging for Black Girls at Hewitt
- Connecting K-12, Higher Education, and Industry: A Leadership Toolkit for Girls