Commitment to Research
The Center for Gender and Ethical Leadership in Society
Hewitt’s Learning and Innovation Research Team and research partners are affiliated with the following universities and organizations.
Through our differentiated commitment to putting research into practice, Hewitt girls and young women learn to build their leadership capacity and a sense of purpose in a way that is truly unmatched.
In addition to our ongoing work with Visiting Research Scholars such as Dr. Lisa Damour, Hewitt partners with a variety of thought leaders working in the space of gender and education.
As youth action researchers, students tackle real-world challenges that are personally meaningful to them, and play a critical role in creating impactful and sustainable change in their school communities for the benefit of both current and future students.
- Dr. Maureen Burgess, Assistant Head of School for Learning and Innovation
- Dr. Sarah Odell, Director of Learning and Innovation Research
- Daron Cyr, Postdoctoral Fellow in Gender and Ethical Leadership
Dr. Maureen Burgess, Assistant Head of School for Learning and Innovation
Dr. Sarah Odell, Director of Learning and Innovation Research
Daron Cyr, Postdoctoral Fellow in Gender and Ethical Leadership
- Connecting K-12, Higher Education, and Industry: A Leadership Toolkit for Girls
- Hewitt Action Research Collaborative (HARC)
- The Art of Teaching at Hewitt: Creating a Community of Practice
- Leading with Love: Creating a Community of Belonging for Black Girls at Hewitt
- Strengthening Healthy Resistance and Courage in Girls: Part II